Reading during Lockdown
We have all had a lot of time to at home during quarantine. It has given me a chance to read more and listen to audiobooks. These are the best one’s I’ve been reading.
Links are to Amazon out of ease to link to the books.
- Ride of a Lifetime by Bob Iger
- Thinking in Bets by Annie Duke
- FREE: The Future of Radical by Chris Anderson
- Competing in the Age of AI by Karim Lakhani and Marco Isanti
- The Hard Thing about Hard Things by Ben Horwitz – I re-read bits and pieces of this. Still one of my favorite all time books. Easy to read and funny, with great lessons learned. With the current COVID-19 situation, this essay stood out to me, if you want a sampling of what one of his essays is like.
- The “Jobs to be Done” Theory of Innovation HBR Ideacast with Clayton Christensen
- Platform strategy, explained – is from 2017 but still a great overview.
- Beastie Boys Book first of all I LOVE audiobooks and this is one of the better audiobooks I have listened too. It is innovative fun and easy to listen too. I love all the different voice actors involved and the way they tell the story. I enjoy the Beastie Boys but was never a big fan but it definitely brought back memories. I also always love hearing passionate people talk about topcis they are extremely interested in.
- Feed by M.T. Anderson Feed is an interesting young adult SciFi book that was thought provoking and satirical. I enjoyed it. Quick and easy read and entertaining.